Sunday, October 21, 2018

A Big Old Bag of Wind

Not me !! Here in SoCal, we don't have hurricanes or tornadoes. We have earthquakes, but they are few and far between. What really bugs are the Santa Ana winds. They can be up to 50 mph, and do their fair share of damage. Last Monday, this was the scene at Casa de Holtzman:



We have an enormous pine tree that must be 100 feet tall. She shed a bit during the windstorm.


Yipes !! It took about an hour to clean the mess up and see the front lawn again.


This is what I wore that day, to come home to destruction:


I have no idea where this dress came from, but the tag says Beloved. I wore one of my favorite Barandi sweaters on top.

It is a nice thick scuba knit so it needs no ironing, and has Venice lace trim.


I haven't worn this necklace in a long time, but it does help cut down the girliness of the dress.


Left arm and right arm, nothing new to see, move along folks.




The next day, I had a meeting at a sister hospital. I wore this Michael Kors dress.


One of the ladies there was wearing the same dress. We should have taken a picture.


I wore a grey Style and Co waterfall cardigan on top.


My necklace is a faux triple tone metal deal.


Left and right arms, once again, nothing new.


On Wednesday, I wore an Ann Taylor sweater dress. The lump at my waistline is where I tied my tights in a knot, since the waistband was stretched out. I am nothing if I am not a class act.



On top, I wore this cool blazer with a Korean label. It's gray and purple pinstripe and has seed beads scattered everywhere.







On Thursday, I wore these pale pink Express slacks. The last time that I washed them, they ended up with some black smears on them, so I dried them and repeated the process. It got rid of the smears, but they shrunk in both width and length. So this time, I am line drying them and I stretched and pulled on them.


The paisley blouse is from Express also.


On Friday, I had another off site seminar, so I wore wool plaid slacks by Ideology and a tunic from Joseph A. I always get compliments on this tunic.



It has cold shoulders that you can't see.



This trio of costume necklaces are all from INC, and all purchased in Orlando.


I did a bit of cooking this week, too. First, sweet and sour meatballs with a rice timbale.


And then bacon wrapped scallops, rice a roni, and sauteed green beans. And bernaise sauce.



And that's about all, so now we link !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment