This is an Albert Nipon suit. The light weight jacket has chiffon ruffle trim around the neckline and wrists. The skirt is layered chiffon.
Here is a look at the asymmetrical layers on the skirt. I wore a plain lavender sweater underneath.
Since I have severely curtailed my shopping since Labor Day 2017, I find that some of my shoes are actually wearing out !!! I had to toss 2 pair this week - they were too beat up to donate. I also seem to have a problem paying my Nordstrom bill on time since I rarely go there anymore. Anyway, I got a very polite reminder last week that I owed them $31.12. So I went to the store to pay it. And guess what ? Of course, I found some shoes to replace one of the pair I tossed. They are a beautiful lavender/light blue suede and are Sam Edelman. And they were $13.99 !! 88% off !!
On Wednesday, I debuted my $3 JC Penney dress. It cost that little because of a flub with store offers that JCP so graciously rectified. It's scuba knit, with a print that "screams springtime" as one friend pointed out. It is a nice dress, I must say.
To counter the extreme femininity (not really my thing), I added a wide braided belt in cognac.
On top, a satin blazer from Emmanuel Ungaro. Such a gorgeous jacket, but apparently it bores me after all these years together.
On my left arm, my yellow gold wedding rings and a Black Hills bracelet with pearls that was a birthday gift from my mom years ago.
On my right arm, a coral bracelet from Maui Divers in Honolulu, and a multi gemstone cocktail ring.
Thursday was an entirely different story from the rest of the week. I wore this scuba and Venice lace dress from Jax that I bought from Saks a few years back.
The trim is so pretty. But the lining was riding up all day, so I need to take a moment to tack it down. I guess that I will put a few X stitches at the hemline to hold the lining down.
This picture shows Angie (Cheryl's sister) , me, Johnny, Cheryl, and Julie. RIP my dear darling.
I got some yellow roses for Angie, but there were so many flowers that she suggested that I take them home to enjoy. So I did.
The Celebration of Life was at Roger's Gardens, a local Newport Beach spot. It is serene and lovely.
The castle is their rotating holiday display. It has Halloween stuff right now, but I would like to go back at Christmas to see the glory.
Anyway, after that little bout of life stuff, back to work. On Friday, this is what I wore:
I went for total comfort in Express ponte pants and an animal print silk blouse from Nicola.
This blurry picture shows that I wore my black coral necklace and a long costume piece from INC. The shoes I am wearing also got tossed. Painful and not that cute.
On Saturday, I got both of my cosmetic bags. First, Birchbox:
Here's what I got, from top to bottom:
1) Air Repair Protect and Prevent Hydrating Serum
2) Winky Lux Strobing Balm Cream Highlighter in Radiant Pink. I really don't know what to do with this, since I don't aim to highlight many of the features on my face, but we will see.
3) Malin and Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
4) Purlisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 50- I will definitely use this. I wear BB or CC on the weekends when I don't do the full face, because of the SPF.
5) Davines MELU Hair Shield - I like this brand. You spray it on your hair before heat styling.
Let's move on to my Ipsy bag.
From top to bottom:
1) akar soothe face oil. It is all lower case on the label, so I complied.
2) Hey Honey Look Into MY eyes Retinol and Propolis Eye Mask
3) Aurora Intensively Precise Eyeliner Pencil in Espresso - NEED !
4) IBY Beauty Radiant Glow Highlighter in Prosecco - another experimental item.
5) Buxom lipgloss in Doll - looks like a pretty plum color.
Anyhow, that was my week. My grandson came by yesterday and we gave him a bunch of coins and stamps from Europe that we saved for him. He is a doll. Let's link !!
www.ohmyheartsiegirl.com, www.fiercelyfat.com, www.nancysfashionstyle.com, www.fashionshouldbefun.com, www.shoppingmycloset.com, www.pastriespumpsandpi.blogspot.com, www.shelbeeontheedge.com, www.highlatitudestyle.com, www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com, www.stylelixir.com, www.lizzieinlace.com, www.helloim50ish.com
See you all soon !!!