Friday, February 16, 2018

The Mystery Surrounding Pandora's Birth

Pandi is an adoptee, as are Kenni and Vinni. When we met, the veterinarian at the shelter confirmed that Pandi was 5 years old. They are mega-accurate when estimating a dog's age. I have tested them.
So today, I got a lovely video from the vet that celebrated Pandi's birthday. Okay, I adopted her on 4/12/17, so I just automatically went back 5 years and calculated her birthday as 4/12/12. But.......
she was picked up as a stray on 2/16/12, so she was around on 2/16/12, so I guess I will make an executive decision and make today her birthday and 4/12/12 our anniversary date. Mostly because today is my brother's 60th birthday, and how cool to share a birthday with my feisty but lovely Pandora. Here is what I wore to celebrate two birthdays (and get a passport, which is always some work due to the fact that I was not born in the US):


This is a silk blouse of 80's vintage that has a logo that looks like Liz Claiborne, but no label to prove it. It is 100% silk - that label is where I saw the logo.




On the bottom, my beloved and trusted black slacks from Fendi. The most perfect pair of slacks that I have ever owned. They are a black on black pattern that is just so subtle yet really makes them cool.



My black plastic waterfall necklace was soooooo worth the $4.99 or so I paid for it. I always get comments on it. It's definitely plastic.



And now a drumroll for the final item I got with my Nordstrom gift card for my birthday. I did well to get 4 items. I usually buy fragrance or devices like Clarisonic, but I have a bunch of devices. I get lazy about using them.

Pink satin ballet flats with studded ankle wrap straps by Kenneth Cole Reaction. Completely awesome due to the pink/black/stud combination. There was one pair, in my size, so I assume it was a return item, because it was deeply discounted.



Okay, so yesterday revolved around my trying to decide if this skirt is worth keeping. The pleated skirt and cardigan are both Loft. The cardigan is slinky knit, and the skirt is very stiff material. That's good because the pleats stand out and it is lined.


I was comfy all day, so I am keeping this outfit.


I had a lot of top choices. I picked a halter shoulder sequined tank from Love Match, because I love sparkle in any form.




On my left arm, a silver circle bracelet to echo the skirt, a Celtic wedding band, and a three stone ring, of which the center stone is pale lavender. I have to find out what it is someday - I think high quality crystals.



 On my right arm, two white gold bracelets. and a sapphire/diamond ring.



And that all, but so much linking! YAY !!!

www.fierceleyfat.com, www.notdressedaslamb.com, www.lizzieinlace.com, www.shelbeeontheedge.com, www.nancysfashionstyle.com, www.northwestmountainliving.com, www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com, www.fashionshouldbefun.com, www.alabouroflife.com, www.eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com, www.ohmyheartsiegirl.com, www.threadsforthomasblog.com, www.afiremanswife.com


1 comment:

  1. I love the subtle pattern play in each of your looks! Oh, and those pink ballet flats are amazing and have so many wonderful details. Happiest of birthdays to your sweet Pandora! Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday, Rosie!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete