Friday, February 9, 2018

The Black Panther and the Green Goblin

On Thursday, I had a work commitment that required somber, restrained dressing:


I chose a plain black dress by Adrienne Vittadini. The only floofy part was the sequins that were embedded in horizontal seams all up and down the front of the dress. They were inset, so the sparkle was very muted and not at all flashy.


On top, I wore a gorgeously tailored jacket by Thierry Mugler. More details below.


I got my shoes in the TopShop pop-up section in Nordstrom.


Here is the back of the jacket - it even has an hourglass shape on the hanger. 


And the front - when zipped up, this jacket does marvelous things for your figure. It also has a high spandex content, so there's a double body shaping whammy.


This costume necklace has every metal tone you can think of, which makes it very versatile.


On my right arm, an onyx spaceship ring and two Austrian crystal bracelets.


On my right arm, a mother of pearl spaceship ring and a freshwater pearl bracelet.


For lunch, we had a pasta bar - for $5.50, you choose noodle (bowtie) meat (sausage) sauce (marinara) and two veggies ( mushrooms and artichoke hearts). You get a parmesan plank and some parmesan on top. Yum.


Today, the wearin' o' the green. This is a Dalia Collection cowl neck silk top and Iman Global Chic slinky pants.

On top, a velvet sporty jacket from XOXO.



As I stretch my chicken neck skyward, you can see my lapis necklace.


On my left arm, two stretchy bracelets and a sapphire ring.


On my right arm, a seraphanite bracelet and another sapphire ring.


Let's link:

www.jolynneshane.com, www.ohmyheartsiegirl.com, www.highlatitudestyle.com, www.lizzieinlace.com, www.threadsforthomasblog.com, www.shelbeeontheedge.com, www.northwestmountainliving.com, www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com, www.alabouroflife.com, www.fashionshouldbefun.com, www.stylininstlouis.com, www.goodrandomfun.blogspot.com, www.colorandgrace.com, www.eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com, www.stylelixir.com, www.fiercelyfat.com


Have a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. Rosie, I just love the black dress and jacket combo! You cannot go wrong with a simple black dress, and your shoes are gorgeous. I also love your green top. I wish I had more green in my closet. Have a great weekend, and thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie, your outfit is super, love all you added jewellery too. Thanks for sharing this post. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments!! I will admit, I got a couple of St Patrick's day teasing about the green. And last year, I forgot to wear green, so this can be my pennance for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great in green! Love the blouse. very pretty jacket too, every lady needs a fitted black jacket
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete