Monday, July 15, 2024

93 And Me !

 June 30th was my FIL Win's 93rd birthday. We went to a new Thai takeout restaurant nearby, called Say Yum. They advertise "Thai Street Food." It took a little while for our food to be ready since we had a very large order. So I posed in the mock telephone booth and then we sat and waited. One of the employees came out and gave us ice water and said he would entertain us. He said he knew how to juggle.






I wore an ivory knit dress from Yank and a kimono top that I got at Savers. I will show you the haul in a bit.




We brought the food over to Win and Mimi's house, where there was a little party. Thier daughter Tawn and her husband John came up from San Diego. Luke, Ashley and Preston came over as well. There were only three candles on the cake, because 93 may have burnt the house down. 




That night, Nathan, Kim, Joseph, Benjy and Calista came out from Arizona to visit. We brought Pandi over on Monday, July 1st while the housekeeper came, and she and the kids visited. I wore a maxi dress from a boutique in Newport Beach called Chantel and Vicky. My costume necklace is from Paparazzi accessories. 




On Tuesday, July 2nd, they all came over to swim in the pool. Jacki visited with them, but she wouldn't go in the pool.




The world's happiest dog !


She really likes Calista. We think Calista is a dog whisperer.



The kids dove for quarters and did some fancy dives into the pool. 




Joseph and Jacki cooled off in the shade.



That night, Pandi got very sick. She was pooping blood and crying. I thought she was going to die that night. I even planned where I was going to bury her. But she pulled through and was normal again in a few days. We just withheld food for two days, and then slowly refed her, starting with chicken meat and broth.




Here she is, pretty much recovered and smiling on July 6th.





I have been having a little retail therapy. I had two items from Temu that I got in June but never photographed. One is this big lightweight wool scarf.

The other is this knit pants outfit. It's too warm to wear it now, so I will save it for next winter.



I also got a few inexpensive costume rings. First, a pearl band and a black South Sea pearl ring. I will wear them together.




Then I got this white acrylic band with a cubic zirconia set in it.



Lastly, a yellow goldtone South Sea pearl ring.



I finally mounted the three postcards that I got up in Carpinteria. I hung the finished product in the living room.




I also made a costume jewelry order from Shein. Both jewelry orders were less than ten dollars apiece. The items are pretty flimsy, but for that price, they are fun. First up, two imitation Van Cleef and Arpels Alhambra bracelets - one white enamel and one black.



Then I got a set of five goldtone bangle bracelets.





Also a set of four goldtone chain bracelets. The necklace is a real gold herringbone that I already own, so you can see how they look next to real stuff.



Lastly, a set of six goldtone necklaces. The next three pictures illustrate how I plan to pair them.





We went to Savers on Senior discount day. I found three things:

The gold chiffon kimono jacket from Rewind:



An ivory chiffon top with silver chain detailing from White House Black Market:



A maxi dress from Forever 21. We are going to a 70th birthday party this on July 20th, and I am going to wear it then.




I got a Birchbox on June 25th. In it, from top to bottom:



1) Magnitone London Wipe Out Makeup remover swipes

2) Mascara from PUR.

3) Estate Matte Mood Lipstick in Ghosted

4) Adess New York Hibiscus Hand, Nail, and Cuticle Cream

5) Pai Resurrection Girl Hydrating Masque

I got my July Ipsy bag on July 9th. From top to bottom:



1) First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads

2) Ailovi Long Lasting Liquid Foundation

3) Nexx double sided eyeshadow brush

4) Keys Soulcare Protect Your Light SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer

5) Lithe Eyeshadow Palette in Night and Day. There is a picture of it open so you can see the neutral shades.

Pandi likes to chill on my computer bag while I am working on my laptop.


Now for some outfits. On June 27th, I wore a turquoise and brown dress from Max Studio that I got at Macy's in Kailua, Oahu. I usually wear a lot more turquoise jewelry with this than the one necklace that I wore that day.




On June 28th, I had a lot of errands to run. I wore olive satin cargo pants from Express and a printed satin top from Nicole Miller. There is a closeup of the top and my mother of pearl and leather necklace.




Then we jump to July 6th. The Fourth of July is always a big hullabaloo here in Huntington Beach. We used to go to a friend's party every year, but they moved to Kentucky. Also, it was Jacki's first FOJ. She had only been with us for five days last year and slept through it. It didn't bother her too much this year.

I wore white Bermuda shorts from Chaps and another summery top from Daisy Fuentes.  I wore some of the goldtone costume jewelry with this outfit, and slip-on sneakers from Temu.




On July 7th, I wore the shorts again, this time with a geometric peasant top from Jones New York and a different set of the goldtone jewelry. My black slip-on sneakers were the other Temu pair.



On our walk, we saw this huge, gorgeous dragonfly.




On Thursday, July 9th, I wore a maxi dress from Free People with my Jack Rogers thong sandals. More goldtone costume jewelry, another different combo. The dress is made of four different prints. 





I like this action shot of Jacki and Vinni wrestling.


Yesterday, I cleaned out the She-Shed for the summer. I moved some of the plants that I was growing on the windowsill to the dining room. The dieffenbachia that was there is not doing so well, so I trimmed it down and moved it to the She-Shed. Plants really flourish out there.





 I planted five little starters for the windowsill. I did two pots with Texas bluebonnets and three with flower garden mix. 





The bluebonnets are in the ceramic pots and the flower garden mix is in the metal planter.





For the finale, what am I wearing today? Ivory slacks from Ann Taylor that are deteriorating. I may toss them soon. My yellow tie-front top is from Forever 21. My necklace is from Avon, and I have had it forever, but it still looks great!





Well, that's all for now, but stay tuned for the next episode!














No comments:

Post a Comment