Monday, October 8, 2018

She's Back !!

Did you miss me?  If not, that's okay. I try not to sweat the things that I cannot change. I had to cover for a few pregnancy leaves at work, so something had to give. And that something was not going to be my job, my husband, my life, etc. So I gave up linking to my favorite over 40s blogs. If you are still interested in me, you can go back and see what I have been up to over the summer and also see our trip to Europe. Sorry for the interruption, but I didn't forget you all. There was no time.

With that said, here is what I have been wearing over the past few days. We will start with last Wednesday, October 3rd.


This combo is a pair of Ann Taylor slacks, an intarsia sweater from INC and a blazer from White House Black Market.


I wore this because it was sprinkling and I wanted to sport my new silk blanket scarf from Gucci that I got as a souvenir from London. The fleur de lis necklace came from New Orleans. I may have already shown this outfit in my last post, but I vow to do better. Anyhow, it's a nice scarf and really big.


The next day, Thursday, October 4th, had me sporting a retro outfit. You see, one of our data analysts wants to go totally 80s for Halloween, so I dug out three denim outfits for her to try on. In doing so, I found this Adolfo linen blazer with huge shoulder pads.



I wore it with black ponte pants from Express and a black turtleneck sweater.




The pizzazz was in the extras - enamel Fleur de Lis pin, LV lock pendant and Louis Vuitton neck tie.


On Friday, October 5th, I wore a dress that I got at Goodwill. For our annual Patient Safety Fair, I went as an alligator, so I needed green shoes. I went to Goodwill to get them. I saw this dress, all wrinkly and sad, for $5. For the price of a beer, I was down to gamble. It turned out great, after a wash and a press.



On top, my heavy jersey warm up jacket from Bloomingdale's. Such a nice jacket !!!



The accessories include a vintage 80s cord belt (I know because I bought it back then) and a gob of sapphire and diamond jewelry.

Onto today, Monday October 8th. This adorable shift dress is by Philosophy de Alberta Ferretti. It's so cute - it has a tie neck that hangs down in the back, it's roomy and the flounce is nice and deep.



I am still experiencing a hosiery shortage - since today is Indigenous People's Day, we didn't get mail, and my Silkies order did not come as expected. So I wore the swiss dot hose again. Don't worry, I washed them.




My long tassel rope is from Paparazzi Accessories - it's a home based business that my friend's daughter operates. The pieces are each $5 - the quality is not great, but they are trendy and good enough for day to day wear.


So that is my great return. Here are the links of sweet ladies who were considerate enough to keep inviting me to their linkups during my hiatus, plus Patti, because she is awesome. I hope this will once again become my new normal.

www.pinksole.com, www.northwestblonde.com, www.lizzieinlace.com, www.ohmyheartsiegirl.com, www.shelbeeontheedge.com, www.threadsforthomasblog.com, www.fashionshouldbefun.com, www.highlatittudestyle.com, www.fiercelyfat.com, www.stylelixir.com, www.nancysfashionstyle.com, www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com, www.notdeadyetstyle.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment