Thursday, August 16, 2018

Re - TIRE - ment

Wonder why the tire is capitalized? Because my newly retired husband Doc is growing one. He loves to eat, and since he is now retired, he cooks himself some grand concoctions. For example, the other day he had french toast with butter, peanut butter, banana, cinnamon and Nutella on top. Then he added a piece of chocolate mousse cake. I gagged when he told me. But he is walking and swimming - two things he never did as a working doctor. Also, the other day, I picked up one of his new T shirts to try on for some laughs. Behold:



I can hide inside it.

My, my. I really don't care if he is just chubby or even borderline fat. But if he gets cut out of the house fat, then we are singing a different tune.

Enough of him- back to me. Here's what I wore on August 9:


This is a dress by Susana Monaco that I got up in Burbank at the store where all the clothes from the TV shows and movies are sold. I got a bunch of stuff when we were up there for my 58th birthday.


I added my ivory waterfall cardi with the lace back since it was already out of the closet.


On Friday, August 10, I wore a silk dress that my neighbor gave me. It's from Charming Charlie.



I wore three necklaces with it - two long silver herringbone and a diamond pendant that was my mom's.



On my left arm, an Italian silver bracelet and my white sapphire duo from Italo jewelers.


On my left arm, a diamond/sapphire ring and a cubic zirconia bracelet.


On Monday, the 13th, I chaired my last meeting during this employee shortage. I wore a wool Celine skirt and a cold shoulder top from Saks Fifth avenue.



The top has beading around the neckline, so I wore a braided silver necklace with it - something simple.



On my right arm, my mom's engagement diamond and a pink moonstone bracelet.


On my left arm, the white sapphire eternity band alone, and a diamond tennis bracelet.


On Tuesday, I wore a long ignored dress. I don't know the brand. Underneath, a gold lurex tank from St John.



I like to wear a lot of different gemstones with this dress, since it has so many colors. I wore a short amethyst pendant, a medium citrine pendant, and a long faux emerald pendant.


Likewise, color on my arms - an amethyst ring, and two multi-gemstone bracelets on the left.


One of my mom's bracelets on the right, and an emerald/diamond ring.


Yesterday, I did not want to iron, so I wore some yoga pants and a Style and Co chiffon top.



I wore the St John tank again. Hope that's not too yucky. I also wore a costume matte gold necklace.


On my left arm, my yellow gold wedding rings and a stretchy crystal bracelet from Saks.


On my right arm, only my Hermes CDC.


Today, I wore a dress that I got in one of those Macy's last chance clearance sections - it was $7 and it took me forever to finally wear it, but I love it.




These blue crystal necklaces were a gift from my son and DIL for my birthday one year.


On my left arm, a very tarnished Brighton bracelet and the white sapphire solitaire from Italo.


On my right arm, a London Blue Topaz ring and two silver bracelets, one with a light blue topaz.


And i got my two cosmetic bags last week. First, Birchbox:


Here's what I got, from top to bottom:



1) Clarins Water Lip Stain - in 03 Red.
2) Vasnati Makeup Magnet wipes - Micellar water, which gets my makeup off the best
3) Avene Cleanance Expert - moisturizes and mattifies
4) Love of Color One and Done Shadow Stick in Champagne Problems
5) OUAI Wave Spray - I got my hair cut yesterday and used this to tousle it. It smells great.


Onto Ipsy. Here is what I got, again top to bottom:


1) Makeup For Ever Artist Color Pencil
2) Answer From Luminous Collagen Eye Cream
3) #inm heat - the Universe's Star Highlighter
4) Coola Golden Organic BB+ cream
5) The Black tea London Classic Serum


Whew. Another long recap. Stay tuned for more fun and games !!!

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to your husband's eating...we retire in 5 weeks and my DH wants me to eat with him...ALL THE TIME...I can't eat like that.

    Anyway, love the pink cold shoulder with the strip skirt!

    ReplyDelete