Friday, December 8, 2017

Sleigh Bells Are Ringin'

The parties are upon me. It is a love/hate relationship. I have to perform appropriately, but that is counteracted because I get to dress up. Yesterday, it was windy again - I'm sure you know that California has multiple wildfires going on. I have such empathy for those poor people. One thing that I did get to experience was the incredible amount of electricity in the air. This beautiful Calvin Klein sweater dress got all bunchy because I wore cotton tights instead of nylon ones.


See how the skirt is all scrunchy? I forgot about the dryer sheet trick, so I used the hairspray trick and that worked pretty well. At least the skirt fell to my knees normally. I had to spray the tights and my half slip. Ugh.


Underneath this normally gorgeous aubergine dress, I wore a gold lurex tank by St John. Three gold necklaces gussied it up - the short pineapple from Honolulu, the gold herringbone from my Mom, and the long lock from Doc and Louis Vuitton.


When I got in the elevator, two little old ladies were in there, and one said "Aren't you fancy!!!". Indeed I am, and plan on always being fancy. On my left arm, Hermes CDC and yellow gold wedding rings.



On the right arm, a ruby cocktail ring and a seed bead bracelet from the Chakra Shack in Laguna Beach.



Today was the party at Ola Mexican Kitchen in Huntington Beach. It was a work event. I started with a deep forest green wool knit dress by Land's End. I had always considered that a matronly brand, but I tell you, this dress has excellent figure flattering seaming, pockets, and is wool blend knit, so super comfy. The floral part is a belt that I will show you below.


I accessorized the forest dress with a red YSL chain bag and black suede Sesto Meucci pumps with red organza rosettes. Very Holiday Appropriate.


On top, I wore an ivory ottoman jacket by St John, with the coolest gold features . I have good pictures of this, but can't find them. It is an elegant, luxe, heavyweight ottoman woven fabric.



The gemmies are likewise holiday themed. The shortest is an emerald/diamond necklace that Doc gave me. The middle one is the same gold herringbone as yesterday, but with a garnet rollerball added.


For the long length, the LV lock and gold chain from yesterday. This is a closeup of the embroidery on the velvet obi. It also has two long cords with lush tassels that come with it, and they give you a guide on different ways to tie them. Spiegel had them for 90% off, so I got this one and a gold/black combo one. But I have not had time to play with them. I think that this holiday season should be a great time.


On my left arm, my yellow gold wedding rings, a peridot bracelet, and a ruby bracelet.


On my right arm, an emerald/diamond ring, a garnet bracelet, and a gold bracelet.



And that's it !!! So let's link up!!

www.notdressedaslamb.com, www.ohmyheartsiegirl.com, www.jolynneshane.com, www.threadsforthomasblog.com, www.shelbeeontheedge.com, www.northwestmountainliving.com, www.nancysfashionstyle.com, www.lizzieinlace.com, www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com, www.fashionshouldbefun.com, www.highlatitudestyle.com

See you all soon - party outfit on Sunday !!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. The floral belt is stunning. Great way to wear florals in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those dresses looks stunning on you darling keep posting.
    https://wpthemesfree.website best wordpress premium themes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love that first dress with all of the gold, and your second outfit is so pretty too! You accessorise so well :)

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and your Christmas preparation is going well. After a crazy week I managed to wrap some presents which is good, although (as always!) I've run out of tape!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete