Friday, July 21, 2017

Glamping of a Different Kind

If you read the blog a few weeks ago, then you know we went glamping up at Riley's Farm. This week, I did a different kind of glamping - a got a glam new lamp for the dining room.


We had a ceiling fan, and it was huge. So I got this art glass fixture from Euro Lighting. That's where I got my master bath fixture, and it was beautiful. The only problem is that it's a bit bright, so this weekend, I will substitute amber light bulbs for the 100 watters.



Then, I had the room repainted. We have an antique breakfront that is the prettiest shade of laquered forest green with brass fixtures.


So I went with a sage color by Valspar called Tea Leaves.



It has a much more calm and serene feel than the brick red that was there.


Yesterday, it was scorching out, so I wore a skirt and silk top combo. Not only did I forget to read the brand labels, but I also forgot to put on the bracelets I had chosen. Bad fashion blogger.



The skirt is brown chiffon with green and tan diagonal stripes. I also wore my new Karen Scott Mary Janes.


I wore two necklaces with the peach charmeuse top - both are from INC, and both were purchased at Macy's in Las Vegas.



Here's a closer look at the shorter one - it's rose gold and crystals. 





Today, I feel so comfy - like I am wearing pajamas.


This is an Antthony Designs top with Iman Global Chic printed knit pants.


I wore two silver necklaces - the longer one is herringbone, and the shorter one is lapis and crystals.


On my right arm, my Mom's love bracelet and an amethyst/opal ring.


On my left arm, another amethyst/opal ring, a diamond tennis bracelet, and an Italian silver bracelet.


And that's it . I didn't go to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but I did order one item - a GloPro Microstimulation tool. It was priced well, so I will give it a try. It is marketed as an alternative to facial fillers. We'll see. I got my Clarisonic Mia last year at the same sale.


Onto a lot of links -
www.lizzieinlace.comwww.rachelthehat.comwww.apocketfulofpolkadots.com, www.shelbeeontheedge.com, www.fashionshouldbefun.comwww.highlatitudestyle.comwww.eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.comwww.syncopatedmama.blogspot.comwww.alabouroflife.comwww.lifeasweknowitbypaula.comwww.stylininstlouis.comwww.curlycraftymom.comwww.katherinescorner.comwww.tinaspinkfriday.blogspot.comwww.threadsforthomas.comwww.clairejustineoxox.comwww.colorandgrace.comwww.stylelixir.comwww.jolynneshane.comwww.adrilately.blogspot.comwww.afiremanswife.comwww.jaymieashcraft.comwww.theclosetbychristie.comwww.graceandloveblog.comwww.poshclassymom.com, www.sharingajourney.com, www.ohmyheartsiegal.com, www.nattygal.com, www.marilynstreats.com


Have a great weekend - I am putting together a bookcase and rearranging my knickknacks !!!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend, I love the necklace you're wearing. Nice to link up with you. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt combo! That's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful breakfront and I love the pink dress in your prior post - the reversible one! So great for travel to have two options in one piece. Thanks for joining the blog hop! Hope you'll be a regular.

    Elizabeth | NattyGal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos on your dining room makeover. Also -- I love the skirt and especially the chunky necklace.
    Carol ("Mimi") from Home with Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great lamp! I love the short necklace. It's so cool and different! You always have the most interesting jewelry pieces! Thanks for linking up to the Top of the World Style linkup party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these mary janes are wonderfull. You look amazing in skirt and silk blouse with these shoes. Thank you for linking up with tinaspinkfriday :)

    ReplyDelete