Friday, June 16, 2017

Playing in Portland

One or two of you may have noticed that I have been AWOL. But I have a good reason. We went to my annual professional conference in Portland, Oregon. I have never been there before, and I was looking forward to it. We stayed at The Benson, a Victorian Hotel built in 1912. I will show you some pictures of the beautiful lobby later - when I came back this evening, the bar was full, and I didn't want to be rude and take people's pictures while they were trying to enjoy Happy Hour. Here I am, at the Portland Airport.


This year, there was a twist - Doc actually came with me!!! We checked into the hotel about 2PM and went over to the Oregon Convention Center to get my bag and conference materials. It is 1.5 miles, and we crossed a very old bridge over the Willamette River. Then we came back and searched for food. We ended up at Kell's Irish Pub. We had Irish Nachos and a sausage roll.




This is the skyline looking from Old Town over to the Lloyd and Belmont Districts.



This is the skyline looking back towards the Downtown District. The really tall building is the US Bancorp Tower, and it is pink!!



This is the bike and jogging path along the Historic Waterfront District.


Here is the famous sign. It is at the end of the very old bridge, which is called the Burnside Bridge.




Doc had a very special mission - he collects antique medical books, and the world's largest bookstore, Powell's, is about three short blocks from The Benson. Here he is, checking out the stacks.




Here is the Powell's sign.




This is what I wore for the first day of the conference. It is a Donna Ricci dress that is a black and gold metallic print. I wore my Versace belt and Style and Co black and gold metallic sandals.





On top, I wore a Love 21 ivory and gold metallic blazer. I bring this outfit on every work trip, because it always packs well and looks good.


Stay tuned to see the Lan Su Chinese Garden !!

No comments:

Post a Comment