Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Big Easy

Only it wasn't.  We got back from Las Vegas on Sunday afternoon. Dr Lizardo's is closed on Sunday, so Doc picked Elli up from boarding Monday morning at about 8 o'clock. She was fine - he sent me a video of her running around the house. Then, when I got home around six, I worked out with her watching. A little later, Doc came home. All of a sudden, we heard the most horrible noise. It was Elli - she was squealing and crying SO loud. She almost never barks, so this was very strange. Her little belly was all bloated and she was crying pitifully and shaking and her nose was running. So we took her to the Emergency Animal Hospital. $636 later, it appears she was extremely constipated and her stomach was full and could not empty. So she vomited and pooped while there, and seemed a bit better. By this morning, she was a lot better. It was the scariest thing ever - I am glad that she didn't have a surgical emergency, which is what I feared. On the positive side, her heart failure meds are working very well for her. Poor little sweetheart will be 15 on November 8, hence her real name, Election Dae. I love her so much that the money didn't bother me too much - I will just buy less crap for myself for the next month or so.


So, I made the plane to New Orleans, but with very little sleep. I got to the Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel, and immediately went to Felix's Seafood, where I had the Bayou Sampler - red beans and rice, etoufee and jambalaya. Delicious. Perfect.

Then I walked around a little before heading back to the hotel. Here is Canal Street:




I went into Marie Laveau's voodoo shop to get two candles to aid in the purification of our house - my mom's spirit broke another picture Sunday night.



I passed by the French Quarter Musician's Club.



I just liked this sign. I may have to have a libation there later in the week.


Good old Bourbon Street.



And the Cathedral in St Andrew's Square - wait, what's that noise??



Is that a ghost?????





After this chilling experience, I came back to the hotel to shower, hang up clothes, and get some much needed sleep.

Linking with : www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com, www.shelbeeontheedge.com, www.colorandgrace.com and www.cuteandlittle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment