Monday, April 18, 2016

MIA = Miserable Illness Activity

I am been AWOL for a few days. I have a good reason. I had a double whammy - Influenza B and strep throat. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I went for my walk on Wednesday, and when I got back I felt chilly. But we have been having problems with our AC here in the office, so I figured it was just too cold again. Then I called Doc and asked if he wanted to go to Toys R Us with me to get Calista's birthday present and he said yes. By the time I got home to pick him up, I was fully viremic with fever and chills. He loaded me up with Tamiflu, Zithromax, Ny Quil, Benadryl, and Ambien. I was in bed for four days, and now I am back at work, about 80%. I still have apthous ulcers from the ordeal, which makes it painful to swallow, but that's all that is left.

Anyway, here is what I wore to be welcomed to my near-death experience.



These are my blue Calvin Klein pants with a white cold shoulder top with silver studs by INC. The gray belt has a center ornament of crystals.




On my left arm, a turquoise cuff and my Swarovksi Trema.

On my right arm, another turquoise cuff.

I wore my Southwest Indian Foundation cross necklace.

My canvas gladiator sandals are by Joe's.


My Ipsy bag came sometime over the weekend. Here's what was in it:


1) Tarte Lipsurgence lip color in Wonder
2) A blending brush from it Cosmetics
3) A Starlooks eyeliner pencil in black
4) That Glo Tho highlighter in Trust Fund
5) Skin and CO Boosting Anti-Aging Serum

It came in a tie dye bag and the theme was Dream On.

This is a picture of Elli's tray. She leaves a trail of destruction as she eats.



This is how I looked on Thursday morning. Not so good. But funny.

Doc brought me red and white roses. He is also taking Tamiflu because I have totally exposed him to my various diseases. He's used to that from being a doctor for so many years.

On Sunday, it was in the eighties, so Doc took me and Elli for a ride. We went down to Seal Beach. I didn't leave the car, but I must admit it was nice to get out of the room.



Today, I am back at work. Here is what I am wearing. I dropped a few pounds.

This is a Nine West knit pirate dress.


It's super comfy. On my left arm, a gold bangle and my yellow gold wedding set.


On my right arm, my creepy green Nordstrom ring and a beaded/crystal bracelet from Neiman Marcus.

I am wearing a thick costume chain with crystals. I think I got it at Stein Mart.


And of course, my Calvin Klein belt.



Lots of links!!!
1) Nicole at www.highlatitudestyle.com for Top of the World Style.
2) Alice at www.happinessatmidlife.com has Throwback Thursday
3) Deb at www.elegantlyfashionable.com has Classy Monday
4) Cherie at www.stylenudge.com has Shoe and Tell
5) Jo Lynne at www.jolynneshane.com has Fashion Friday
6) Sheree at www.poshclassymom.com has Weekend Wear
7) Dawn Lucy at www.fashionshouldbefun.com has Fun Fashion Friday


And that's it!!! See you soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment