Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekends are Wonderful

They're just too short. Nothing really happened on Friday night. But on Saturday morning, I went for my usual run in HB Central Park, and I saw my little geese chicks.There was an older man there, and he told me that they are Egyptian geese.



They are 5 weeks old now ( or at least, I have been seeing them for 5 weeks.) I wonder when their feet will turn red like mama's. I probably won't be seeing them after they start swimming. Then, the new attraction in the park opened:


             The Secret Garden!!! It has been redone, and is now open for viewing.



When I was taking the pic, a lady asked me why, and I told her it was for my blog. She was interested because she helped design the garden.

                         Then, I got home and found this on the dining room table:



Two boxes!!! The pink one is my October Birchbox, and it was celebrating Breast Cancer awareness month.



Here's what was inside:
1) Rusk Elixir Mist - a thermal, UV, and color protecting hair spray. I will take this to DC with me.
2) Calypso St Barth Mimosa Eau de Parfum - citrusy smelling, and light.
3) Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask - I was gonna use this last night, but you have to leave it on for 15 minutes, so maybe tonight.
4) Stila Huge Extreme las mascara - this is the full size product. I am currently using Lancome and I don't like it, so I will try this one next.
5) Manna Kadar Cosmetics Lip Locked in Lucky- a primer and stain all in one.

                                                          Now, onto the other box!!!

I bought two more dresses from Saks. Doc told me that I sure shop alot :). But now Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner, and with 4 grandkids, there will be no more personal shopping until after the New Year, because they are all old enough to know that holidays mean gifts!!!  A big piece of bubble wrap came in the box, so I spent some time on Saturday trying to get Elli to lay on top of it. I will save the dress reveal for tomorrow's post.



             I even tried to lure her over there with a plastic rat that we got her at Dollar Tree.

Then we went to lunch at Lee's Sandwiches again. We were going out for dinner later, so it was a light lunch.



I had Spring rolls, and Doc had a vegetarian croissant. Then we came home and wrapped Mimi's birthday gift (my MIL). She's 83. We got her the same cross that I wore the other day from the Southwest Indian Foundation.



They are all handmade, so I compared it with mine. Mine has a little more pink in the opals.


Mine is on the left. It's also slightly larger. We wrapped it all up, and gave it to her at dinner.


                                                            Here it is, on Mimi.




We ate at Sagami Tei. We took her there last year, and she loved it and wanted to go back. Here are some pictures of some of the sushi we ate. Mimi had tempura, and my mom had Chicken teriyaki.



                                                   Here's what I wore to go to dinner.



These are my gold silk Amanda Smith cigarette pants, topped with a crystal pleated top from Style and Co. I'll take a closeup of the top tonight, since I didn't realize that you can't see it too well here. I wore Style and Co shoes, as well.


So yesterday, I just went running again, and then did some errands, then read my library books. Today is back to work day. Here is what I wore today:


This is a design New York ombre lurex sweater, which is topping two basics - Express ponte pants and a sleeveless black turtleneck. I wore a wide elastic belt with this outfit. It's very comfy.


I did have my Joan Rivers pearl necklace ready to go, but it was too long - it hit the belt. So I changed to my costume goldtone collar necklace.



                I carried my Baby Phat purse, and wore my Enzo Angiolini gladiator sandals.



                                    Finally, Preston got his first grade pictures back.


                                 He also got Outstanding Student, and an Honor Roll shirt.



Lots of links for a Monday!!! Melissa at www.mahogany-closet.com has Mahogany Closet Mondays, Ana Luiza at www.northwestblonde.com has Start the Week Stylish, Deb at www.elegantlyfashionable.com has Classy Mondays, Rachelle at www.pinksole.com has How I Fall, and finally, Cherie at www.stylenudge.com has Shoe and Tell. Lots to see for the beginning of the week, and lots if inspiration, I'm sure. So have a great day, and see you tomorrow for the unveiling of the dresses!!!

1 comment:

  1. Weekends are never long enough! Hope you had a great one. Love that garden! The stone path is adorable.

    Thanks so much for linking up with Friday Favorites! Hope you have an amazing week ahead of you!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete