Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves !!

I know that I have been a bit cryptic about my workplace shenanigans lately, what with all my mysterious meetings and important presentations, but I can now tell you the scoop. Remember, my boss left us on August 14th. Since then, the hospital has been looking for a replacement. I went through 4 panel interviews, plus a bunch of performing and showcasing my talents. And, my friend and coworker pitched in too. We wanted to help the hospital. We devised a new organizational structure, and then pitched it to senior management. To make a long story a little bit shorter, we both got new titles and new salaries and are now leading the department together. YAY !!!

So last night, after hearing the good news, I decided to go to the Japanese "stupid stuff" store and get everyone celebratory presents. For my most dear and ardent supporter, Elli :



             A rain coat and a futbol jersey from Espana. And here she is, modeling them:







She actually liked the raincoat and didn't try to shake it off her head. For my other most dear and ardent supporter, Doc, I got a notebook with a monkey on it. He loves to keep notes about virtually everything.


And of course, I got a couple of tsotchkes for myself. I got a hair clip and a medication box to store my easily tangled jewelry in.


               I also got a sushi hand roll form and an eyelet puncher to make holes in belts.


And then today, the CMS inspectors showed up for their followup inspection. Since the dream team is now at the helm of the ship, we are leading the inspection. It was unannounced, so i didn't get to glamourpuss it up. Here's what I am wearing:


This is a wool shift made by Kenzie. It is grey with a burgundy pattern, which you can see better in this shot.






I wore the matching necklace and earring set that my mom gave me for my 45th birthday. It's garnet, and has matching earrings. On my right arm, I have a sterling braided bangle and a sapphire ring.



On my left arm, I have a triple fire opal ring, a silver tennis bracelet, and a sapphire tennis bracelet.




I finished it off with my grey Nine West ankle straps, and some grey hose with a weird dotted pattern.


See the dots? Those actually are NOT age spots (for once). This is a nice, easy, comfy outfit and it has pockets !!!

So onto today's links. Lindsey at www.thepleatedpoppy.com has What I Wore, and Tameka at www.pastriespumpsandpi.blogspot.com has Who's Wearing What Wednesday. Then, we can't forget Liz at www.shoppingmycloset.com for Style Me Wednesday. And last, the Sydney Fashion Hunter, www.sydneyfashionhunter.com for her linkup!!! Well, have a great day, and congrats to me and Lynne!!!! Time will tell what this new position will bring to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment