Sunday, September 6, 2015

Shopping in Santa Barbara!!!!

First, a few more shots of our hotel, the Encina Lodge by Best Western. It's in a fairly lush and green garden type setting. The drought is well publicized and the hotel takes every possible conservation precaution.

      Along with the pool, there is a separate whirlpool/hot tub. Here is the path leading to it.




                                   It has a nice Mexican mural across the back wall.


Next to that is the fitness center. It's small and rudimentary, but it has 3 machines, a weight bench and weights, a TV, and water and towels. Everything you need and want. I haven't used it - we have been walking a lot.


Finally, the pool. On Saturday evening, lots of people were there. There is a restaurant, the Live Oak, that serves poolside, room service, and the dining room.


Now, the tease. Onto the shopping!!! Other than the Paloma Picasso belt that I bought in Carpinteria, I only bought things at two stores. By the way the PP belt retails for $45 on Etsy, and I paid $4.20.

So the first store I made a purchase at was called Jessica Fine Consignment. I got a blouse made by Express Portofino. I paid $18. On the website, the paisley blouse sells for $59.




I also got a pair of Dollhouse wedges. The closest comparison I could find was at Charlotte Russe, a teenager store, and they were $29.99. I don't care, I like them.I paid $12.

The other store was a charity enterprise called Unity Shoppes. I asked the salesgirl and she said that it's a local charity that helps distressed families with food and shelter. They had an impressive inventory of really nice stuff, and the prices were incredible. I always find that shops associated with a charity have the best donations.

I got quite a few items there. First is a purse. I can't find a similar item for comparison on the Internet, but this is a sweet ethnic piece and was only $5.

Then I got a knit sheath dress made by Shelby and Palmer. The comparison price is $65, although it appears that they are no longer in business. This dress is a thick double knit with an orange yoke, a black hem, and a reptile body. I paid $10.





Also for $10, there was this chiffon Patra suit. It has a gorgeous flowy tunic, with an embellished neckline. It came with a skirt, which will need a lot of alterations for me to wear.






They are sold at Nordstrom and Macy's, and retail fro $208. It's very classy and elegant.


Next, are the two finds of the day!!! First, I  paid $5 for this heavy polyester jersey knit dress by Donna Morgan. It has ruching on the side, and a faux tie belt.





The retail for this is $118. I can't wait to wear this one. The silhouette is marvelous.


Finally, I also paid $5 for this BCBG MAx Azria dress. It retails for $398 !!!!!


It has a fitted skirt made of woven material and a thin navy belt.


The top is green polyester satin charmeuse, and is has a pussy bow neckline with cold shoulders.


I am happy it's polyester. It feels like silk, but poly is so much more easy to care for.

Well, tomorrow we are off to Isla Vista and then Montecito. Stay tuned for more shenanigans. I will leave you with a picture of me in front of the finch cage.



PS. The squinty pig-like eyes are due to the hour, the lack of makeup, and a caffiene deficiency. Be kind, my friends. Bye now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment