Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Heat Is On !!!

It was really hot yesterday, and I had to wear a suit for two important meetings. I was, shall we say, damp by the time I got home. I didn't want to do anything - very unusual for me - so I just crashed on the sofa and read.

So today, it's supposed to be even hotter, and my entire motive for my outfit is to stay cool.


So I reached into my closet and brought out this Valerie Stevens linen tank and a skirt I made when we still lived in San Diego. I moved to Huntington Beach in 1990, so do the math. Oldie but definitely goodie. Here's a better look at the embellishment on the tank - tonal embroidery and sequins.


My selfie stick abilities are improving, but let's get an even closer look at the top.



You can see it here in this shot of my Spiegel belt that I bought when I made the skirt. Gotta love the pedometer. I wore a Liz Claiborne costume necklace in various blue and green tones.


On my left arm, my crystal and bead bracelet from Saks, and my Swarovski Nirvana in Indolite.


On my right arm, an enamel bracelet from Charming Charlie and a malachite ring.


I carried a teal suede bag from Neiman Marcus and wore bronze shoes from BCBG Girls.


             I think I repeated every color in the skirt with all these accessories. I tried to.

              So the boys (Kenni and Vinni) received the breakfast of champions today.


They got crunchy food, chicken broth, chicken meat, and a half donut for dessert. With sprinkles.

Doc also brought home some carnations for me. He was very serious when he told me that the flowers from last week were dead. :)


After today, I will be all caught up with linking to my blogging buddies. First, Alice at www.happinessatmidlife.com has Throwback Thursday - hello old skirt. Then, Tara at www.mixmatchfashion.com has Summer Style - hello heat wave. Then, Lindsey at www.thepleatedpoppy.com has What I Wore - hello outfit. And last, Nicole at www.highlatitudestyle.com has Top of The World Style - and Top O' the Mornin' to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment