Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Jammin'

I wish I was jammin' in a tropical vacation spot, but alas, I'm just here at work. But I am still jammin' - in my own way. Here's my outfit for today:


I am wearing a long lab coat style blazer by Petite Sophisticate. It's in this year's color of the year - marsala. It did NOT come from this year, or even any of the last twenty. PS went out of business many moons ago. Here's a closeup of the collar area.


Underneath, I have my Theory dress, once again worn like a jumper. (see Gracie at Fashion For Giants for a great take on this). The blouse underneath is charmeuse, made by Leslie Fay- How's that for a blast from the past? It reminds me of a man's pajama top, hence the title of this post.


When I was running last night, I was thinking about what to wear today, and after I came upon this combo, I remembered that I have the perfect necklace for it. This necklace is also very very vintage.


It's made by Avon, and I bought it in the early 80s. It still looks great - zero tarnish. I did a little pattern mixing with my hose and shoes. Yes, plaid shoes by Rockport, and brown pinstripe tights.

It's hard to see, but there is one green and one red stripe on the blouse. So I wore one red and one green ring. The green one is my creepy Nordstrom costume ring.

The red one is garnet and diamond, given to me many years ago by my first husband.


So there you have it - I like this outfit. It's cute and comfy. Now for the linkups. First, Amber at www.induffinitely.blogspot.com for Tremendous Tuesday - she got some great booties as a gift!!! Also, Lauren at www.stylelixir.com for Style Sessions. Check out both of these gorgeous gals!!

1 comment:

  1. Avon makes some great pieces. Love your necklace Thanks for joining my link up and I hope to see you Thursday

    ReplyDelete