Thursday, November 27, 2014

An Electrifying Thanksgiving!!!

Yesterday was my first day off in a stretch of 6. I had to hang around a little bit because our electrician put in a brand new breaker and fuse system. While he was doing that, I went shopping for the ingredients for my part of the Thanksgiving feast. I made monkey bread, stuffing and gravy, and warm onion dip. My MIL, Mimi, wanted monkey bread, I wanted cheese dip and Doc wanted stuffing and gravy. Away we go!!!
Here are the ingredients for the dip. Swiss cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, onion, garlic, parmesan cheese and sweet red peppers. Here are the veggies chopped up and the cheese grated.


Then I mixed everything in a bowl and baked it for 30 minutes. After that, I sprinkled parmesan on the top to make a crust.


I baked it in a ceramic pie pan. Remember, I won 10 loaves of Boudin sourdough, so I cut one up in chunks for dipping.


Then I made the sausage stuffing. Here are those ingredients.


I used Mrs Cubbison's Classic dressing mix, margarine, celery, Jimmy Dean sausage, garlic, onion, Knorr chicken stock, dried cranberries, sage and two eggs. Here is the sauasge, celery, onion, and cranberries cooking.


I baked this in a deep Corning Ware casserole, and put more margarine on the top to make it crispy. Then I took Vinni and Elli for a walk. Eric the Electrician brought his dog, Kahlua, with him, so Kenni stayed home and played with her. I took the kidz over to the school to let them run around. It was Vinni's first time. Three teenagers saw us and stopped to talk because they said that Elli was the cutest chihuahua they had ever seen. I happen to agree.




 
Then I made the monkey bread. Here are those ingredients.


Two cans of Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits, cashews, cinnamon, raisins, butter, sugar, and brown sugar. You just chop up the biscuits, cover them in cinnamon sugar, put them in a bundt pan, put the cashews and raisins on top, then pour melted butter mixed with brown sugar over it. Then you bake it and turn it over onto a plate.


Lastly, I made the gravy. I cheated here, because I didn't have the drippings from the turkey to use. So I got three cans of Campbell's Turkey gravy. I spiced it up by adding cooking sherry, sauteed mushrooms, and poultry seasoning. It was pretty good when I taste tested it. After sitting and incubating overnight, it was even better.

So what did I wear for the feast of gluttony? I must confess, that beforehand, I ran 10 miles, so that the gas tank would read "E" when it was time to pork out. I wore my trusty Levi's jeans, a gold lurex henley, and a fabulous velvet burnout poncho trimmed in long black fringe. For shoes, I wore my Mossimo desert boots with the heel and the lug sole. Here I am, in front of The Silver Fox, my Cadillac CTS. Eric's partner said Silvy looks like a shark - all sleek and silver with a fin on his back.
Here's another view. Note my purse - it's made by Donna Salyer, the queen of faux fur. It's black double sheared faux beaver, and it's so luxe and gorgeous.


So we went and ate - Mimi made turkey, stuffing, taters, yams, green beans and biscuits. She also has 3 pies - pumpkin, cherry and mince. It's a good thing her husband Win likes pie. Also, Nathan and Kim and the boys will come over to eat again tomorrow. So when we dropped my mom off and took the dogs for their walk, I had to clean up the leftovers. And I ran over 2 pots in the driveway with Silvy on the way out, so I had to clean that up too. No big loss occured- I was able to repot the survivors. And I made 3 TV dinners from the leftovers.


Elli was soooooo cute - as I was washing up the dishes that the food was in, she licked the next in line. When she got to the pie pan that the cheese dip was in, she actually stood in it as she licked. I couldn't get to the camera fast enough. All 3 dogs got generous helpings of stuffing and some sourdough bread chunks.

Well, tomorrow is Black Friday. I personally love the crowds and the bustle. I am going to JCP to get a saute pan and a pillow for Doc. Then I am going to Macy's to get him some nice comfort shoes. After that, maybe some thrifting or consignments. I will be sure to show you all what I get. I hope that everyone who reads has a lovely, safe, peaceful Thanksgiving !!! See you all tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment