Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Big Thank You From America The Free!!!

Last night was my first Clipper game of the season up at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. It was really fun, as usual, but alas, the CLippers lost a close one. Well, the San Antonio Spurs aren't the world champions for nothing. There was lots of screaming and cheering and a general happy atmosphere anyway. And all veterans got in for $18, and were allowed to enter early and watch the Clippers practice. They also had a new way of introducing the team. The images that were usually displayed on the Jumbotron were displayed on the wood court floor. At one point, it looked like the floor was on fire. It was so cool.
So this morning, due to getting home around midnight, I wanted to wear something that is absolutely care free. This is what I ended up with.


This is a plain black knit shift dress with a draped neckline and ruched sides. It's made by Byer. On top, I have a short black cardi with gemstone trim made by Joseph A. No ironing, no wrinkling, no pulling, tugging, crunching, squeezing or torturing. Exactly what I wanted. Here's a closeup of the trim.


For shoes, I went with my Isaac Mizrahi suede/patent maryjanes. They are starting to fall apart, and will very shortly be retired to that great shoe box in the sky.


The only bump in the road this morning came when I went to put on my new lapis necklace that I got in Coronado. The delicate chain broke. I didn't have the time or the coordiantion to figure it out, so I made a game day substitution with a sapphire/diamond heart pendant.


On my right arm, I wore four Austrian crystal elasticized bracelets that an old coworker made for me. I also wore a sapphire/diamond ring.


These little bracelets bring out the jewels on the sweater. On my left hand, two diamond/sapphire bracelets, and a large London Blue Topaz ring.


So that's my story for today. In 15 minutes, we have a ceremony for all the veterans who work here at the hospital. It was very nice last year. Also, two more linkups today. As usual on Tuesday, Lauren at www.stylelixir.com for Fall Trends, and then Amber at www.induffinitely.com for Tremendous Tuesday. Although I may not exactly fit the categories, I like both of these blogs so much that I'm gonna join up anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment