Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I Buy Expensive Suits - They Just Look Cheap on Me.

I love suits, I really do. But on me, they just tend to skew a little matronly,and thereby, boring. And since my fashion choices are one of the few areas where I can still have fun at my advanced state of decay, I don't want to be bored. Case in Point:

This is a perfectly lovely Kasper suit. It wasn't cheap, it fits beautifully, it's well tailored and made of nice fabric, it's just...................oh excuse me, I fell asleep looking at that boring suit. As you can tell by the dangling badge, it's perfectly appropriate for any business occasion. I just need to JAZZ IT UP.

So where do I begin? Well, let's start with the top. You will never see me in a business suit with a button down underneath it. Unless I am going to a job interview ( but I like my job, so stop hoping). For this khaki color suit, I wanted bright color, so I chose this Uniform by John Paul Richard (Macy's) silk embroidered shell. It has a lot of beading and applique work.


I continued the theme with two layered necklaces. The shorter one is another Swarovski piece and the longer one is Botswana Agate that I got on Ebay. Then, we start with even more bling than I usually wear ( and I usually look like a Gypsy Sister).

On my right arm, we have a silver ring with a large citrine. This is why I like semiprecious stones - you can get BIG ones for less money. I also have a leather bracelet with pewter crystals for a little rock n' roll vibe.

Let's move to my left hand.


On this claw, we have layered silver bracelets. The one with stones is smoky topaz. The ring is sterling with white shell (Macy's). I liked it so much that I bought the same one in black onyx, and I wear them all the time.

The last way to give myself some panache is through my choice of shoe. For this outfit, I wore Tahari maryjanes in taupe suede with copper patent trim (Neiman Marcus). They have a chunky heel and a platform, so they are easy to walk in.


That just about does it. I look like I'm going to work (I sometimes struggle with professionalism in dress), but I am not a total snooze fest. Someone may actually look at me - happens less and less.

Well ,have a good day, and kiss your favorite minpin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment