Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Air Up There

I have something really cool to show you guys. But first, let's talk about what I ate for lunch yesterday. I don't know if these sandwich shops are everywhere, but we have them here in California.
It's like Subway, which I like, but I like Togo's better. I had the Viva Veggie Wrap - hummus, feta, roasted red peppers, tomato, lettuce and balsamic vinagrette. Then it's wrapped in a spinach tortilla and toasted.

Deelish, but extremely drippy and messy. Onto my surprise. I guess everyone has heard about the Ebola outbreak. Well, my specialty is infectious disease, and I have a weapon that I use when I have to see a patient with a horrible infectious condition.

This helmet is called a PAPR - Personal Air Purifying Respirator. It blows lovely cool air down over your face so you can breathe easily and work for a long time without having to wear an uncomfortable N-95 mask when working with an airborne infection. Here is how I look in my PAPR.
Here's a view from the side angle. It has a battery pack that clips onto the outbreak suit which covers my clothes.

So I needed it yesterday, and I thought I would show it to you as long as I had it on. It's actually a very nice device. And none of the little heebie-jeebie germs can get to me. I can also talk easily, and the patient can see my face, instead of a big orange mask. When I am actually using it, I can wear my glasses inside, and I stuff my hair up into the shroud portion of the helmet. Then the outbreak suit (called a bunny suit) covers me all the way up to the shroud, which tucks inside, so I am totally sealed off from the environment.

So onto my outfit. Here it is - it's a white eyelet shirtdress that I got at a church rummage sale. Underneath it, I am wearing a gold lace trimmed camisole. This allows me to unbutton the frst couple of buttons for more room and comfort.

The gold cami also makes this dress work well with my mango colored Old Navy shoes that I love so much. Of course, a white dress would work with any color. To punch it up a little more, I went with contrasting accessories. First, my blue and green floral statement necklace.

This shot gives a better look at the texture of the dress and the cami. On my left arm, I have a plastic stretchy yellow bracelet and an enamel ring with a green stone in the center.

This mixes the yellow, green, and blue all together nicely. On my right arm, I have a blue and gold enamel cuff, and a faux turquoise costume ring.

Today, it seems like all my jewelry is costume. Inexpensive pieces like these are one way to really have a lot of fun with accessories.

Well, i hope you enjoyed the unveiling of my outfit, and my PAPR. For more cute looks, I am linking up with www.thepleatedpoppy.com for What I Wore Wednesday. Hop on over and take a look- I'm willing to bet that no one else is wearing a PAPR this Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment