Monday, October 30, 2017

The Haunting

This weekend was consumed by Doc's birthday on Saturday and then our Haunted Bookcase party on Sunday. Here is the bookcase:


Doc has spent the last month stocking it up for the occasion. Our grandkids aren't allowed much candy, but they sure like books !!



I covered it with a black tablecloth and a black crocheted shawl. I put two candles on top and let King Rat rule over it all.



Here they are, waiting for me to lift the cover and let them see what is inside.



They each got three bags to fill - there was plenty of loot.


They were so excited. Both Doc and I wondered how this was going to go over,but it was a smashing success.




There was one book, Aesops Fables, that had a damaged cover. So I cut out all of the beautiful drawings and my MIL, Mimi, gave the kids sketch pads, so they could practice drawing animals.



Everyone had root beer floats at the end. Pandi got a little excited and a little clingy during this party. After everyone left, she stuck to me like glue. She even tried to crawl up under my velour jogsuit as I was watching the World Series.


For the neighborhood kids, I made three bags with quarters in them .



Today at work, we are having a retirement luncheon with a Taco Bar.  This is what I am wearing for a day that finally feels like fall around here.



This is a silk wrap around skirt and a velour top. When I was digging around looking for Halloween decorations, I found a bag with 5 or 6 velour tops in it. They must be from the late 90s, but since they are synthetic materials, they still look brand new. And since velour is one of the major trends this year, I will run them through the washer and resurrect them.


Here is a good look at the print on the skirt - royal, teal and green.


My very last purchase before the great clothing ban of Labor Day 2017 were these velvet sandals.



Three necklaces today - two long silver herringbone chains and a moonstone/amethyst necklace that Doc got me in Monterey, California, years ago.



On my right arm, a mabe pearl ring and a silver cuff from David Yurman.



On my left arm, a costume bracelet and a sapphire/marcasite ring.



So that was my weekend. Now let's see what everyone else was up to.

www.finewhateverblog.com, www.northwestblonde.com, www.stylenudge.com, www.blogghetti.com, www.sincerelyjennamarie.com, www.colorandgrace.com, www.bylaurenm.com, www.onemotherhen.blogspot.com, www.notdeadyetstyle.com, www.pinksole.com


See you all soon !!!

1 comment:

  1. waoo lovely post dear... thanks for tip... :)
    https://wpthemesfree.website wp best

    ReplyDelete