Monday, March 27, 2017

R and R for Rosie

Finally !!! A weekend without any emergencies !!! So I got to do pretty much anything I wanted to, and that included running in the park, going for a long bike ride on Sunday, getting new library books, cooking Sunday lunch, and shopping !!! Whew. So let's look. First, the shopping.

I got an email from Stein Mart. I haven't been there in a very long time. They sent me a coupon for 60% off the clearance prices. How could I refuse? First, I got a pirate sweater from Michael Kors.


This one is navy blue. I have a red Calvin Klein sweater in the same style, and I love it. This MK version has all the nice touches - big gold eyelets, and logo aglets. It was $59.99, down from $150, then 50% off for clearance, then 60% off of that, so $13. No wonder it was the only one left.



Then I got this jersey double knit skirt from Premier. I have never heard of that brand, but it might be a store brand. It ended up at $5.98 after all the discounts.




The last items are a jacket and T shirt set by Onque. The jacket is a warmup style with a front zip.


 The T has sequin banding across the front - the sequins are clear, so whatever the color of the stripe is, that is what sparkles.





Here is what I was trying to explain.



And here is the set together. It just so happens that I have a pair of black dress slacks that have a black sequin waistband, so this is a match made in heaven. The set ended up at $21.


That was Friday night. On Saturday, I went for my run in Central Park, then we did some shopping, then we just relaxed and I started reading "The Eggnog Murders."

On Sunday, I gave my bike a once over with WD40 and went for a nice long ride. My butt is naturally a little sore today - that's what happens after the first bike ride of the year. When I got home, I cooked stir fry pork. Here is what I did:


I sauteed a chopped onion in olive oil.


Then I added a chopped green bell pepper.



Then, a chopped red bell pepper.


After that, two zucchini sliced, and then the slices halved.


I also added about one quarter of a head of cabbage.


I chopped up two thick pork steaks into chunks and cooked the whole thing for about 5 minutes. To season, I added salt, pepper, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.


It was served on top of bowties.


Yum yum yum.



Back to work today, bah!! And I'll bet that you will never guess what I wore:


My new pirate sweater with an equestrian print pencil skirt from Charter Club. The chain belt is vintage. My suede shoes are from INC.


I wore a sapphire and diamond heart pendant. My mom had one just like it, so I gave that one to my DIL, Kim, since she was born in December.


On my right arm, a sapphire cocktail ring and two sapphire bracelets.


The same motif on the left arm, with a few diamonds thrown in.



And that just about wraps it up!!! Let's do our Monday linking:
www.beauty101bylisa.com, www.walkingimemphisinhighheels.com, www.stylenudge.com, www.notdeadyetstyle.com, www.colorandgrace.com, www.bylaurenm.com, www.pinksole.com, and www.thestudentswife.com

Have a fabulous Monday !!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend! I love your new bargain purchases - and the sweater looks fabulous on you. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete