Saturday, October 8, 2016

AWOL

This time it stands for Acting, Wrangling, Ousting, and Laboring. We will start with Acting. Doc was a panelist on a radio show Wednesday night on KOCI radio in Orange County, California.






Here are the panelists - attorney, farmer, host, attorney, business owner, doctor.


It was simultaneously video recorded by both a professional crew and me (on my iphone). Doc talked for an entire 15 minute segment.



The whole show was a little over an hour, and then commercials are added. After it was over, Doc posed for his official portrait.



The host, Blue, had to photo bomb, so we tried again.



Doc still didn't give me much of a smile. It was fun, and a good event for Doc's IMDB.

Onto wrangling. On Thursday, when it was Elli's day to work at Beach Medical, the office staff wouldn't walk her because she stunk. Not only was she farting, but she needed a bath. So even though I hate giving her a bath, this is what happened:



Since Elli hates it even more than I do, I put her favorite Salmon and Sweet Potato wet food on the edge of the sink.




She snarfed away while I squirted fragranced flea shampoo on her.



She got thoroughly scrubbed and rinsed with the flexible dish hose. The water was nice and warm, and it's in the 80s here today.


Her final reward - more wet food while burritoed in a blanket that was run through the dryer. And you know what? She smells MUCH better. Sorry, Renee, Evelyn and Cheryl.

We'll go out of order and do Laboring next. I had a physical with my doctor on Thursday afternoon, and it so happens that I will be darkening the doorstep for many years to come. I don't have to do anything but get some blood, a bone density and a mammogram. All health maintenance stuff. Fortunately, I am  the picture of health.

This is what I wore on Thursday for the poking and prodding. Actually, I wore this to work, and wore a blue paper gown later.




This is a BCBG Max Azria flat knit blazer and a Gucci skirt.



I wore my mom's convertible lacy pendant.



On my left arm, two diamond tennis bracelets, and a sapphire/diamond band.


The blazer has it's own jewelry built in. The lapels and pockets have silver studs, and the buttons are pearl toned with silver and crystal edges.

On Friday, we had a Management Conference over at The Grove of Anaheim. That is where they motivate us, tell us how we did last year, and feed us. We also get to see our friends/co-workers get awards. This is what I wore:



This is a black gabardine suit by Ann Taylor. The flared slacks have a quilted pleather wide waistband. The jacket has a front zipper and zippered slash pockets.



Underneath,I wore an equestrian print double knit T shirt in black, with cream and brown accents.



The longer necklace is a convertible QVC piece that was also my mom's. The large pendant is faux topaz.



Then, I wore a shorter pendant of real topaz on a gold chain.



On my right arm, a filigree bracelet of gold and diamond dust.



On my left arm, two gold bracelets. It was not the most comfy get up, but it was appropriate for the occasion.

Now for the ousting part. As you may know, my mom passed away in May. For about the last 6 weeks or so, strange things have been happening around the house. Things have gone missing, the lights have flickered, and the TV has gone off and on. I told Doc about it earlier this week. Almost immediately after, the CO2 detector went off. He was amazed. Then the sound on his iPad went out, only to come back on a few hours later. On Thursday afternoon, my housekeeper Amy texted me that the shelf on the garden window in the kitchen fell down, breaking a couple of knick knacks. She was pretty frantic, but I reassured her, and nothing of value was up there, so no worries. When Doc came home, I was showing him what happened when we heard a crash. One of the shelves in the medicine cabinet had fallen out and spilt stuff all over the master bath floor. We ran to see what happened, and when we got back to the kitchen, two of the silverware drawers had been pulled out about a half inch.
So apparently, my mom's spirit is stuck somewhere and needs some help.
Today, a medium is coming over. I have a sage smudge stick, a pink candle (her favorite color), a white candle, her perfume, and her picture. We are going to try and help her. We have some suspicions as to what may be wrong. Stay tuned for the result.

Due to my absence, lots of linking: www.highlatitudestyle.com, www.poshclassymom.com, www.eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com, www.nancysfashionstyle.com, and www.fashionshouldbefun.com

Have a great weekend, and wish us luck !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment