Friday, November 21, 2014

A Disastrous Day!!!

Not really. All is well in the land of Holtzman. Our hospital participated in a statewide medical surge disaster drill. Although these drills are extremely important, they are also very time consuming. You basically get nothing else done that day. But it's over, we practiced how to help our community and our patients in the event of a disaster, and now we are back to our regular programming.

On the plus side, today you get to see two outfits - today and yesterday. Let's start with yesterday.
This picture was taken in the morning, before the drill started. My gray slacks are from Nordstrom, the pale blue sweater is a mystery, and the blouse is from Spiegel. I have had this outfit, minus the sweater coat, since the 90s. Here's a picture from after the drill - note the lumps, bumps, and general disarray.


It is actually a very cute outfit. Here's a closeup of the sweater coat. It's made by Style and Co, and I got it at the Macy's in Philadelphia. It has a ribbed waist inset, and a self ruffle all the way around. Once coupons were deducted, it was less than $20.


The pale blue sweater has a very nice detail on the front. It has a vertical panel with three rows of crystals.


Just enough sparkle. I also use the satin sash that came with the pants as a belt around the top of the sweater.


I forget which shoes I wore back in the day. But I was poking through my closet and found these needlepoint maryjanes, and so I wore them.


So that's yesterday. Today, I am copying an outfit that I saw a very chic lady wearing at Harvard. I copied every detail, down to the colors she used and the infinity scarf because she looked so great.


Here's a picture without the red pleather jacket.




The dress is by Pink Rose, and the jacket is a genuine Members Only. There's some nostalgia for you. Of course, I wore grey boots just like my doppelganger. Mine are the now famous Worthington boots from JCP.


I got the infinity scarf at Target. It's a black and white lace print.


On my left arm, I have a pear solitaire with a ruby band, and a costume bracelet with crystals.


On my right arm, I made a matching set of onyx ring and faux onyx cuff. I like how it looks.


Try to ignore those nasty fingernails. They shall be fixed this weekend, along with my nasty hair.

So since I missed linking yesterday, today you get a mega link. First, Alice at www.happinessatmidlife.com is hosting Throwback Thursday. My Members Only definitely qualifies me for that!!! Then Tara at www.mixmatchfashion.com is hosting What I Wore to Work, and I did wear these outfits to work, so I am in on that as well. Lastly, another Tara is hosting Look What I Got at www.pennilesssocialite.blogspot.com. I always like to see what other ladies got!!. So go visit these blogs and have a fun weekend browsing the web!!

No comments:

Post a Comment