Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Graphically Groovy

Today's challenge at www.eleganceandmommyhood.com is to wear a graphic T shirt. I didn't even know what that meant, so of course, I Googled it. Graphic refers to any visual art. So then, I thought about what printed Tshirts I had, and which one would be the coolest. Voila !!!

This T shirt was purchased on the island of St Kitts, in the West Indies. The island was a British territory until 1983, when they and their sister island, Nevis, gained independence from British rule. So that means that this T is 30 years old. I remember when I bought it - it was a lot of money for me at the time, since we were poor then. I bought 2 shirts and a wall hanging. Spencer Cameron was the only artist on St Kitts at the time. His batik work was actually well renown. I still have all 3 pieces. Here is a closeup of the print, which depicts a Carnivale participant. Carnivale was a big deal - for 5 days, ending on Fat Tuesday, everyone on the island ran around drunk on rum punch (deelish!!) and Carib beer (yucky).


The skirt is made by Intriguing Threads. I got it at Stein Mart, and shame shame, the tags were still attached. It matches this T perfectly, and now that I have "discovered" it, I will be wearing it. I am full of stories today. There is a story about these shoes, too.


These are Calvin Klein shoes, and this is the second time I bought the same pair. I originally got them at Loehmann's. I loved them and wore them into the ground. I had them repaired. They died again. I was heartbroken. Then, one day, I was strolling down 17th Street in Costa Mesa, and peeped into the window of a consigment shop. OMG. THE SHOES. So I bought them again. I have had them repaired again. I wanted to use them for Sheila's Shoe Shine Saturday, but I will be in Las Vegas. I'm gonna email Sheila anyway, so at least she can see them. So which necklace did I wear with this outfit (which I LOVE, and which I was so excited to wear).


My little black and red ceramic doohickey. I love black and red together. And my left arm illustrates that perfectly.


I have my black leather cuff with the red stones, and a fire opal ring. On my right arm,


I have my red leather cuff with the matching crystals, and another fire opal ring. Well, that's about it for today. (I'm sure that's more than enough.) So I am just going to enjoy my wonderful outfit, and hope to see you all later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment