Friday, July 11, 2014

Black Friday Part Deux

It's Friday, and I'm wearing some black, but not all is dark. For one thing, it's FRIDAY, so the weekend starts in T minus 8 hours. Also, it's PAYDAY, so now I have some moolah for the weekend. Shall we see what I have on?

I went to Napa and Sonoma a few years back. We stayed in Napa. There was an outlet mall there, and they had a Karen Kane store. KK has long been one of my favorite brands. The clothing is made of high quality materials and the styling is always cute and classic, with a twist. I bought a lot of pieces on that trip. I got this sweater vest, the matching skirt, and a black bolero jacket with faux turquoise trim. I have worn them all together on occasion, and it wasn't too much. Sometimes, all matchy matchy outfits are.

Both the sweater and the skirt have the blue embroidery on the sides. Here's a closeup of the embroidery on the sweater.

It has bugle beads, seed beads, and tonal sequins around the flowers. So of course, I busted out the blue jewelry. I wore my Southwest Indian Foundation cross necklace


I continued the Native American theme on my left arm


I am wearing one of my turquoise cuff bracelets and my Swarovski Nirvana in Indolite. On my right arm


I have a bracelet of larimar, freshwater pearl, and aurora borealis crystals. The ring is something I picked up at Villa Valencia. That's where my mom lives - it's a senior high rise that offers room, board, transportation, and activities. Every now and then they have vendors set up in the lobby, so the residents can buy things for themselves, or to give as gifts in case they can't get out to shop. This ring is amethyst, with thin bands of opal surrounding the crescent moon shaped stone.I bought it for myself, because I was proud of something I had accomplished ( I don't remember what it was, but I felt I desrved it at the time). Maybe I should move into VV if my memory continues to be this spectacular.

As for shoes, another Karen, this time Karen Scott black suede loafers, with BLUE tassels.


These shoes couldn't be more perfect in color. These pants are somewhat unusual. They are from the Gap, but they were hand me downs. They are a steel blue satin, and are cropped length. I was kinda stumped as to what shoes would look good with this weird style of pants. I put out a couple different pairs to try, but I tried these ones first, and liked the look, so I didn't go any further. Here's my head to toe look of the day.


I guess these pants are a bit stumpifying, but it's okay. I really like the shiny fabric and the unusual color. So today, I am linking up with www.stylelixir.com for Friday's Fab Favorites. It's really fun to see all the bloggers that I have admired and read over the past couple of years, and now I can actually play along with them!!! Have a great weekend, whatever you do.(And if it's crazy, be sure to tell us ALL about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment