Monday, June 9, 2014

Let's Shine Up Them Shoes !!!

This will be my second round of participation in Sheila's Shoe Shine Saturday. One of my biggest dilemnas this weekend was picking out which shoes to give some lovin' to. (I know, life is rough, huh?) But I conquered that dragon. Here they are:

These are Simply Vera by Vera Wang. I got them at Kohl's. I don't wear them too much, because they are kinda loud. Seriously, when do I think something is loud. It was a pretty popular style, and I have seen them on other bloggers. Despite the high spike heel, they are pretty comfy, probably because the black band over the instep is elastic. There's also a hidden platform, which helps with the heel height. I chose to wear them with a fairly neutral outfit.

The dress is made by Adrienne Vittadini. It's a thick, substantial knit, so there is no show through from undergarments, and any ripples and bulges are nicely smoothed over. The sides of the dress are plain flat knit, and the center panel is textured. Here's a closeup of that texture.


In the first closeup, I thought the texture looked like an arthropod abdomen. It was gross, so I deleted that one. One of my co-workers more accurately described it armadillo stomach. But you can see it here. The dress came with a thin leather belt that wraps around twice, but I decided to wear a wider elastic belt for some reason.I am also wearing the Baby Phat leather jacket that I wore last week. At church yesterday, I saw a lady wearing a similar dress, with a cowl neck scarf. It looked great, so I attempted to copy her. I used an oblong scarf, and twisted it around so the knot is in the back. Here's how that turned out:


As you can see from my Michelin Tire Man neck, I was looking down at the camera. I don't really have 6 neck rolls. Yet. And for my jewels du jour


I have 5 of my RJ Graziano bangles, and my Swarovski Nirvana in Black Diamond. My nail polish is by Ulta, and it's called Set the Nude. Two coats gave good coverage.

I have never worn this dress with this jacket before. I like it. It's comfy and elegant, and I will most likely try it again. Both of these pieces turned out to be good purchases. Sometimes when I feel like something is too expensive, but buy it anyway, I disappoint myself. But other times, I realize that you usually get what you pay for. This dress is in it for the long haul. So check out www.sheilaephemera.blogpsot.com for more bitchin' shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment