Friday, October 2, 2026

September 2026

 This episode starts with a very unusual hole in the sky on the evening of September 6th. 



On September 7th, it was Labor Day, so we brought Chinese food over to Win and Mimi's. I wore slacks by Banana Republic, and a satin top from Temu. My sandals are from Skechers. I had some black ones that were super comfy, but I wore them out on vacation last year.


On September 9th, I worked at the American Cancer Society again. I wore a very old pantsuit from Peter Martin. I got it at a store called Stein Mart. I used to love that store, but it has been gone for a long time. I think the pandemic did it in.  It was over 90 degrees that day.



On September 10th, I went on a walk in HB Central Park. This is the view looking across the lake.



There is an equestrian center there and apparently they have a Hug and Groom event on the first Sunday of each month. I would love to go one day.



Then I walked through the Urban Forest. It was a beautiful day.



That night, there was a retirement party for John from the HB Wetlands, where I volunteer on Thursday. I wore a dress from Connected Apparel. The food was catered by Fogo de Chao, and it was delicious!




Rusty has fluffy ears!



On September 16th, it was back to the American Cancer Society, I wore a top from F21 and a gypsy skirt from Connection. My shoes are from Talbots.




On September 18th, I wore a dress from BB Dakota. We took Mimi and win to get their vaccines. They got both flu and COVID, but I already got my flu shot, so I just needed COVID. My arm hurt a lot and I felt feverish that evening.


                                                    



I got my September Ipsy bag. Inside from top to bottom:



1) BISHA Essential Setting Powder in Tokyo Translucent.

2) Seraphine Botanicals Ribbon Blush in Whisper

3) Miss Glam Butterfly Precise Face Brush

 4) Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional Primer

5) Juliette Has a Gun Powder Love Eau de Parfum

By September 20th the heat wave was over. We went to Verizon because my phone wasn't holding a charge and needed a battery. I wore a Michael Kors top and Lee jeans. My shoes are from Temu.



On September 21st, I took my phone to the repair shop up in Seal Beach. They fixed it in 2 hours, during which I walked around this beautiful beach town. I wore Lee jeans, a sweater from Ann Taylor, and a blazer from Kasper. My booties are from Jeffrey Campbell.


                                                 


On September 22nd, we had a CD mature at US bank, so we went over there and renewed it. I wore J Crew jeans, a Laura Ashley sweater and my Talbots shoes.


                                                



My September Birchbox came. Inside, from left to right:



1) Phyto Paris Phytocitrus Grapefruit hair mask.

2) Unicorn Glow Starry Mood Blush

3) Clearstem Pregame Face Mask

4) Authentic Beauty Concept Hydrate Cleanser for Dry hair

5) Wander Upgraded Lashes Treatment Mascara

On September 25th, we took Mimi to Stater Brothers market because she wanted TV dinners and pastries and we wanted to get a chuck roast. I cooked it in the crock pot for 6 hours and the meat fell apart beautifully. I wore a sweater dress from Abercrombie and Katy Perry shoes.


                                                 

This is the face I wake up to.



On Saturday, September 26th, the Salvation Army had a sale. I got a bunch of new long sleeved T shirts for Doc, since he needed new ones. I got a pair of Saucony shoes, a Marina Yachting sweater, a Tommy Hilfiger sweater and a Calvin Klein blouse.





I wore Anne Klein jeans, an East Indian top and sneakers from Nordstrom.


                                                 



On Monday, September 28th, I got my yearly mammogram. No results yet, but I don't think I need to worry. Last year, it took two weeks to get results. I wore a pants set from Temu. I got my necklace at an antique shop that was closing in San Juan Capistrano.



On Wednesday, September 30th, back to the American Cancer Society. I wore another dress from BB Dakota, but in a different color way than the green one. My shoes are Style and Co.




So that's about all for now! I leave on my trip on Monday, October 5th. I will be in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. I am getting very excited. We will be having a heat wave here, but it will be in the high 50s, low 60s there during the day. Stay tuned! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment