Friday, October 3, 2014

Packin' It Up, and Headin' On Out

As you may know, I am going on an extended vacation. Part of it is pure pleasure, checking one off our bucket list, and part of it is business, but very important business this time.

So let's talk about the fun part, the pleasure treasure. Doc and I are going to Boston. It will be the first time for both of us. We are staying at the Westin, right on the waterfront. It was pricy, but this vacation is when we are going to pretend that we live like "the other half." We're going lux for a change. I work for a medical system that is non-profit, and awards employees well for performance. So I got a really nice profit sharing bonus last year, and this is the first time we have been able to avail ourselves of it.


The second part is a professional benefit that I am completely excited about!!! Every year, I am mandated to attend a professional conference in order to ensure that my skills are up to date. I have two choices of organizations:

1) APIC - Affiliated Professionals in Infection Control



2) SHEA - Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America.



This year, I chose SHEA, because it's in Philadelphia. APIC was in Anaheim, which is about 15 minutes from where I live. I realize that Disneyland and Orange County are meccas for tourists ( and deservedly so), but I want some East Coast glamour. My organization will cover the cost of SHEA, in Philadelphia. So we have to pay for Doc's airfare, Elli's boarding, and all of the Boston leg of the trip.



So that sets the scene for the next few days. I need some comfy, sight-seeing, crusin' duds, but then I have to bring professional gear for the conference - I am a representative of my organization, and I so appreciate the travel authorization, that I need to DO IT UP.



In the next post, I will show you how I plan for a trip such as this extravaganza. Until then.



OMG. We may have a slight stowaway problem here. I will miss Elster Bellster Bellsty Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment